Below are selected writing samples.
- Study: Handshaking viewed more positively by Westerners than by East Asians. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/527089
- Study: Changing the environment within bone marrow alters blood cell development. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/466753
- New MRI opens door to innovative veterinary research and care. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/458745
- Young toddlers can tell when others hold false beliefs, study finds. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/434626
- Study confirms long-term effects of ‘chemobrain’ in mice. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/396468
- Pap screenings linked to less cervical cancer in elderly women. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/381239
- Study links parental depression to brain changes and risk-taking in adolescents. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/360541
- Researchers develop new method of trapping multiple particles using fluidics. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/344269
- Study: Brain metabolism predicts fluid intelligence in young adults. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/341988
- Study links mobile device addiction to depression and anxiety. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/334240
- Study: Researchers identify how mental abilities are shaped by individual differences in the brain. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/331769
- Five Illinois faculty members named Sloan Research Fellows. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/331198
- Study challenges widely accepted view of Yellowstone formation. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/324765
- Study: Head shape and genetics augment understanding of rattlesnake species. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/316920.
- Seven Illinois researchers rank among the world’s most influential. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/287328.
- Study: Childhood concussions impair brain function. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/296681.
- Study: Emotion processing in the brain changes with tinnitus severity. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/294544.
- Six Illinois researchers named AAAS fellows. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/282870.
- Study: Strength of brain connectivity varies with fitness level in older adults. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/274238.
- Study: Ground-level ozone reduces maize and soybean yields. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/274225.
Creative Science Writing, Freelance Science Writer
- Care, Use, and Welfare of Marmosets as Animal Models for Gene Editing-Based Biomedical Research
- Duke Neurology Annual Report
- Unlocking Alzheimer’s disease (Colton; page 6)
- Cultivating Innovation: Clinical Laboratory Interface Program (Laskowitz; page 10)
- The Allied Genetics Conference
- Meeting report summaries:
- The evolution of meiotic recombination (Molly Przeworski)
- Mechanisms, functions, and regulation of sleep cycles (Amita Seghal)
- New insights on how cells regrow after being sliced in half
- Meeting report summaries:
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, Volunteer
- Museum Blog
- A View Through the Window on Animal Health: Snake Exams https://ncmns.wordpress.com/2016/11/03/a-view-through-the-window-on-anim...
- A View Through the Window on Animal Health: Gator and Snapper https://ncmns.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/a-view-through-the-window-on-anim...